The Global Impact Investing Network is a nonprofit organisation founded in 2009, dedicated to increasing the scale and effectiveness of impact investing. As the founder of GIIN, Amit Bouri, said during a podcast: “Impact investments are investments made into companies, organizations, and funds with the intention to generate social and environmental impact alongside a financial return. Impact investments can be made in both emerging and developed markets and target a range of returns from below market to market rate, depending upon investors’ objectives”.
Set up in 2009, The Global Impact Investing Network (GIIN) is a philanthropic association with 280 members over 41 nations building industry foundation and supporting exercises, instruction, and research that help quicken the improvement of the impact investment industry. Eventually, the GIIN tries to secure more noteworthy capital and quicken the development of a vigorous and successful impact investment industry sector to guarantee that social, financial, and natural prosperity is inside the scope of more individuals around the globe.
Impact investing tenets according to the GIIN:
2. Use Evidence and Impact Data in Investment Design
3. Manage Impact Performance
4. Contribute to the Growth of the Industry
These Core Characteristics of Impact Investing complement the GIIN’s existing definition of impact investments, which are investments made with the intention to generate positive, measurable social and environmental impact alongside a financial return.
1. GIIN Membership: Membership and Investors’ Council
2. GIIN Initiative for Institutional Impact Investment
The GIIN believes that for impact investing to seize its full potential collaboration among network organizations is quintessential. Therefore, the GIIN is proactively securing strategic partnerships around the world and has built alliances with the following entities:
1. Asian Venture Philanthropy Network
2. Aspen Network of Development Entrepreneurs
3. The Global Steering Group for Impact Investment (GSG)
4. Impact Investors Council
5. Investors’ Circle
6. Mission Investors Exchange
8. Industry events, including the GIIN Investor Forum