Thomas M. Siebel (November 20, 1952) is an American billionaire businessman. He is the founder, chairman, and CEO of C3, an AI software platform and applications company. He is the chairman of First Virtual Group, a diversified holding company with interests in investment management, commercial real estate, agribusiness, and philanthropy.
Tom Siebel is now the Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of C3.ai. He was the Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Siebel Systems, which merged with Oracle Corporation in January 2006. Founded in 1993, Siebel Systems became a leader in application software with more than 8,000 employees in 32 countries, over 4,500 corporate customers, and annual revenue in excess of $2 billion. Mr. Siebel is also Chairman of the Siebel Energy Institute, a global consortium for innovative and collaborative energy research for the public domain.
Mr. Siebel serves on the boards of advisors for the University of Illinois College of Engineering and the University of California at Berkeley College of Engineering.
Mr. Siebel is a graduate of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, where he received a B.A. in history, an M.B.A, and an M.S. in computer science.
Honors and Awards
As a well-known and successful businessman, Thomas Siebel has been recognised with the following merits:
- Call Center Magazine inducted Siebel to its Hall of Fame in 2000 in recognition for contributions to the business and technology of customer service.
- CRM Magazine inducted him into its inaugural CRM Hall of Fame in 2003 in recognition of his vision, strong leadership, and enduring commitment to innovation.
Call Center Magazine inducted Siebel to its Hall of Fame in 2000 in recognition for contributions to the business and technology of customer service
- Top 10 CEOs – Investor’s Business Daily, 2000
- University of Illinois Presidential Award and Medallion, 2001
- One of Top 25 Managers in Global Business – BusinessWeek, 1999 to 2001
- One of the Top 25 Executives – Computer Reseller News, 2001 and 2002 (Readers Choice in 2002)
- CEO of the Year – Industry Week, 2002
- David Packard Award – Business Executives for National Security, 2002
- Thomas M. Siebel, Master Entrepreneur of the Year – Ernst & Young, 2003
- Lewis & Clark Pioneers in Industry Award – University of Montana, 2006
- The 50 Most Generous Philanthropists – BusinessWeek, 2007, 2008
- Lincoln Academy Laureate – The Lincoln Academy of Illinois (Illinois’ Highest Honor) 2008
- Engineering at Illinois Hall of Fame – University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2010
- Woodrow Wilson Award for Corporate Citizenship – The Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars of the Smithsonian Institution, 2010
- Ranked #5 of the World’s Top 25 Philanthropists – Barron’s, 2009
- Ranked #3 of the World’s Top 25 Philanthropists – Barron’s, 2010
- Alumni Achievement Awards – University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2013
- In 2013, the American Academy of Arts and Sciences elected Tom Siebel as a member along with some of the world’s most accomplished scholars, scientists, writers, artists, and civic, corporate, and philanthropic leaders.
- One of the World’s Top 25 Eco-Innovators – FORTUNE magazine, 2014
- Taking Care of eBusiness (2001)
- Cyber Rules (with Pat House) (2001)
- Virtual Selling (with Michael Malone) (2002)
- Digital Transformation (2019)
Open Business Council offers resources, Trade Finance, business advice, SME Finance and a forum and directory for businesses! Improve your business and use the best digital, financial and funding tools to grow ROI – return on investment and ROA – return on attention!