Spiros Margaris is a venture capitalist, entrepreneur, fintech, AI and blockchain influencer, senior advisor in those fields and founder of margaris ventures.
Spiros Margaris has been working and collaborating for enterprises such as insurtech company Wefox Group, Venture Partner with SparkLabs Group, Board Member of Mediastalker, or Senior Advisor at F10 Fintech Incubator and Accelerator.
Spiros has been ranked No. 1 as Fintech, AI & Blockchain global influencer by Onalytica in 2018, achieving what is called “The Triple Crown” in Fintech. He has also been ranked as No 1. Fintech Influencer in the Digital Innovation Report within the US Banking Influencer Community and global No. 1 Artificial Intelligence Influencer by Verdict and Global Data, among others.
As an author, Spiros has been the mastermind behind Fred Alger Management’s creative program called “Think Further,” and author for The FINTECH Book, in which he explores in deep the Future of FinTech.
Born and raised in Switzerland, Spiros Margaris is a venture capitalist and senior advisor with more than 25 years of national and international experience in investment management/research and innovation and technology management.
Spiros Margaris holds an MBA from Toronto University & EMBA Universität St. Gallen (HSG), Switzerland and did a course at Sotheby’s ‘Styles In Art’ in London.
Spiros Margaris has been working with the following companies:
• Appointed to Advisory Board of insurtech company wefox Group (wefox and One)
• Appointed Venture Partner with SparkLabs Group (network of global Accelerators & Venture Capital Funds in Palo Alto, California)
• Appointed Board Member of mediastalker, a powerful media content security solution
• Appointed director at HeyBryan, a Canadian company
• Appointed director at The Yield Growth Corp., a Canadian company
• Senior Advisor at IPR Strategies
• Senior Advisor at F10 Fintech Incubator and Accelerator
• Senior Advisor at kapilendo.com, a uniquely positioned German Crowdfunding and Crowdlending platform
• Senior Advisor at moneymeets.com, a German ‘FinTech Supermarket’ company
• Investment committee member of one of the leading multi-family offices fund advisory firms in Switzerland and Europe. Its 10-year return placed the firm within the top 5 percent among its peers.
He is the co-founder of innovative financial technology company based in New York that develops software to bring measurable accountability to investment advice at financial institutions through an objective, proprietary tracking and rating system.
Founder of one of the first innovative expert websites based in New York. Unlike traditional search engines and search sites, it provided an efficient mechanism, with a valuable human element, for users to find answers to their questions.
He currently has his own VC firm called, Margaris Ventures.
Spiros Margaris is the first international influencer to achieve “The Triple Crown” of influencer rankings (Onalytica). He is ranked the No. 1 Fintech, Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Blockchain influencer by Onalytica, the world’s leading Influencer Relationship Management (IRM) SaaS platform recognized by Gartner, Forrester & industry influencers.
He regularly appears in the top three positions of established global industry influencer rankings. He is a speaker at international FinTech and InsurTech conferences, including TEDx talks. Margaris was also placed 2nd in the equities division of Financial Trader magazine’s trading competition.
Spiros has published an AI white paper, “Machine learning in financial services: Changing the rules of the game,” for the enterprise software vendor SAP.
He has also been chosen as an Author for Fred Alger Management’s creative program called “Think Further.” And he was asked to write Wiley’s The FINTECH Book, where he explores the Future of FinTech.
• Ranked No. 1 Insurtech ’50 Influencers’ by insurtechnews (July 31, 2018)
• Ranked No. 4 – Top 20 Fintech Influencers 2018 by JAX Finance (Jan. 2018)
• Ranked No. 1 – The Insurtech Powerlist 100 by InsTech London (w52, Jan. 2018)
• Ranked No. 2 Banking Expert by Klout among 39K experts (July 2017)
• Ranked No. 1 InsurTech Expert among 30 Top World Insurtech Experts to Follow in 2017 (May 2017)
• Ranked Worldwide No. 2 Fintech Expert (No. 1 WEF) to Follow in 2017 (May 2017)
• Ranked No. 1 Fintech Influencer in DACH (Germany, Switzerland, Austria)
• Fintech Switzerland (December 2017)
• Ranked No. 19 IoT Influencer by Leadtail (July 2017)
• Ranked No. 11 Artificial Intelligence Influencer (June 2017)
• Jay Palter Social Advisory
• Ranked No. 21 AI Influencer by Onalytica
• Top 100 Artificial Intelligence Influencers and Brands by Onalytica (May 2017)
• Ranked No. 3 Fintech Influencer in Top 20 Influencers in Fintech by JAX Finance (Feb. 2017)
• Ranked No. 3 Banking Influencer in Banking Influencer among 33’000 banking experts by Klout (May 7, 2017)
• Ranked No. 1 Global Fintech Influencer in Top 100 Fintech Influencers and Brands by Onalytica (July 2016)
• Ranked No. 2 Global InsurTech Influencer in Top 100 InsurTech Influencers and Brands by Onalytica (Nov. 2016)
• Ranked No. 10 Blockchain Influencer in Top Overall Blockchain Influencer by Right Relevance (Oct. 2016)
• Ranked No. 2 in Innovate Finance Global Summit: Top 100 Influencers and Brands by Onalytica (Apr. 2016)
• Ranked World’s No. 4 in Top 20 FinTech Influencers by JAX Finance (Mar. 2016)
• Ranked among World’s Top 100 Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning Influencers and Brands by Onalytica (Mar. 2016)
• Ranked World’s No. 5 Top FinTech Influencers and Brands by Onalytica (Dec. 2015)
If you are interested about more information contact us by email [email protected]