David L. Kasten is an accomplished strategist and intelligence expert on Smart Cities and Government Tech Intelligence. A former CIA member, David L. Kasten is an executive leader and manager with a comprehensive background leading strategic planning, operations, analysis, risk management and program implementation. David is the President and CEO of Poolbeg Group LLC with the ability to quickly identify issues, develop solutions, and build motivated, top performing teams to enhance operations and achieve objectives. Current TS/SCI with CI Poly, practiced in Arabic and German. David is now doing a PHD research on securities studies, intelligence smart cities in King’s College London.
Mr. David Kasten is the Co-Founder, President, and CEO of Poolbeg Group LLC, a strategy consulting firm headquartered in Lawrence, Kansas, with clients in North America, Europe, and the Middle East. The Poolbeg Group focuses on delivering analytical tools to help leaders manage risk to meet strategic goals. These tools are born from a wide-ranging background leading strategic planning, operations, analysis, risk management, and program implementation in some of the world’s most demanding environments.
Dave is an accomplished executive-level leader and manager with a comprehensive background spanning 30 years of leading strategic planning, operations, analysis, and program implementation during his time in the U.S. Department of State, Central Intelligence Agency, and the U.S. Department of Defense. During his career as a U.S. Government Civilian, he has been appointed to elite leadership positions managing sensitive national security matters at the strategic level in a joint, interagency, intergovernmental, and multinational national security Community.
Dave is also a Lieutenant Colonel in the U.S. Army Reserve and combat veteran with assignments primarily in Special Operations units. He earned a Bachelor of Arts in Socio-Cultural Anthropology from Arizona State University, a Master of Arts (with Merit) in War Studies from King’s College London, and a Master of Science in Strategic Studies from the U.S. Army War College.
Reserve Officer, US Army, July 1999 – Present
– Military Intelligence, Lieutenant Colonel assigned to a Special Operations unit. (Operation Enduring Freedom, Operation Inherent Resolve)
Chief of Operations, Aviation Infrastructure, Stellwagen Group, September 2017 – January 2018
– Responsible for short-term specialized operational support to sensitive aviation infrastructure efforts worldwide.
Department of Defense Civilian, US Department of Defense, July 2011 – June 2015
– Served as senior Subject Matter Expert in Whole of Government issues pertaining to Complex Operations, Counterinsurgency and Irregular Warfare.
Associate, Booz Allen Hamilton, February 2010 – June 2011 – Supported a US Government contract.
Clandestine Service Officer, Central Intelligence Agency, July 2006 – February 2010
– FTC-1 graduate, Special Skills Officer conducting sensitive Counter Terrorism operations worldwide.
Special Agent, Diplomatic Security Service, US Department of State, September 2001 – July 2006
– Conducted national-level protection operations in the National Capital Region, served as Assistant Regional Security Officer; US Embassy Abuja and US Embassy Kuwait
Operations Officer, Defense Intelligence Agency, US Department of Defense July 1999 – September 2001 – Conducted Counter Drug operations in Central and South America.
Infantry Officer, US Army, May 1996 – July 1999
– 2/325th Airborne Infantry Regiment, 82d Airborne Division (Operation Fairwinds)
Infantryman, US Army, April 1985 – September 1991
– 3/504th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 82d Airborne Division (Operation Just Cause)
– F Company 51st Infantry (Airborne) Long Range Surveillance Company (Operation Desert Shield/Storm)
Dave is a graduate of the U.S. Army Command and General Staff College and the University of Foreign Military and Cultural Studies, Red Team Leaders Course. He is also a Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Seminar XXI Fellow in Foreign Politics, International Relations and the National Interest, Class 29. He speaks Arabic and German. Dave is happily married and has two teenagers.
· US Army War College, Master of Science, Strategic Studies
· Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Fellow, Seminar XXI; Foreign Politics, International Relations and National Interest King’s College London, Master of Arts, with Merit, War in the Modern World
· University of Foreign Military and Cultural Studies, Red Team Leaders Course
· US Army Command and General Staff College
· Harvard Law School Executive Education, Program on Negotiation
· Arizona State University Bachelor of Arts, Socio-Cultural Anthropology
Hernaldo Turrillo is a writer and author specialised in innovation, AI, DLT, SMEs, trading, investing and new trends in technology and business. He has been working for ztudium group since 2017. He is the editor of openbusinesscouncil.org, tradersdna.com, hedgethink.com, and writes regularly for intelligenthq.com, socialmediacouncil.eu. Hernaldo was born in Spain and finally settled in London, United Kingdom, after a few years of personal growth. Hernaldo finished his Journalism bachelor degree in the University of Seville, Spain, and began working as reporter in the newspaper, Europa Sur, writing about Politics and Society. He also worked as community manager and marketing advisor in Los Barrios, Spain. Innovation, technology, politics and economy are his main interests, with special focus on new trends and ethical projects. He enjoys finding himself getting lost in words, explaining what he understands from the world and helping others. Besides a journalist, he is also a thinker and proactive in digital transformation strategies. Knowledge and ideas have no limits.