Dinis Guarda is an author, academic, influencer, serial entrepreneur, and leader in 4IR, AI, Fintech, digital transformation, and Blockchain. With over two decades of experience in international business, C-level positions, and digital transformation, Dinis has worked with new tech, cryptocurrencies, driven ICOs, regulation, compliance, and legal international processes, and has created a bank, and been involved in the inception of some of the top 100 digital currencies.
Dinis has created various companies such as Ztudium tech platform, a digital and blockchain startup that created the software Blockimpact (sold to Glance Technologies Inc), and founder of global digital platform directory openbusinesscouncil.org; digital transformation platform to empower, guide and index cities citiesabc.com and fashion technology platform fashionabc.org. He is also the publisher of intelligenthq.com, hedgethink.com and tradersdna.com. He has been working with the likes of UN / UNITAR, UNESCO, European Space Agency, Davos WEF, Philips, Saxo Bank, Mastercard, Barclays, and governments all over the world.
Some of the companies Dinis created or has been involved have reached over 1 USD billions in valuation. Dinis has advised and was responsible for some top financial organisations, 100 cryptocurrencies worldwide and Fortune 500 companies.
Dinis is involved as a strategist, board member and advisor with the payments, lifestyle, blockchain reward community app Glance technologies, for whom he built the blockchain messaging / payment / loyalty software Blockimpact, the Hyperloop Transportations project, Kora, and blockchain cybersecurity Privus.
Despite his role as CEO, he is also an author. Dinis has published different books, including "4IR AI Blockchain Fintech IoT Reinventing a Nation", "How Businesses and Governments can Prosper with Fintech, Blockchain and AI?”, also the bigger case study and book (400 pages) “Blockchain, AI and Crypto Economics - The Next Tsunami?” last the “Tokenomics and ICOs - How to be good at the new digital world of finance / Crypto” was launched in 2018.
He has been a guest lecturer at Copenhagen Business School, Group INSEEC/Monaco University, where he coordinates executive Masters and MBAs.
He is ranked as one of the most influential people in Blockchain in the world by Right Relevance and Thinkers360 as well as being listed in Cointelegraph’s Top People In Blockchain and Rise Global’s The Artificial Intelligence Power 100.
Dinis Guarda was born in Portugal. His family is from Portuguese and French backgrounds. He has lived in Portugal, France, Sweden, and Denmark and is based in London, UK since 2011.
He coursed his BA in Languages and Literature from the Universidade de Lisboa between 1992 and 1997 and achieved a Master's in New Media from London South Bank University in 2011. Dinis has lived in Sweden and worked in Denmark prior to moving to London.
Dinis started his professional career back in Portugal in 1997 as the Founder Member of the cultural organisation Número – Arte e Cultura and created the arts and fashion magazine NumeroMagazine between Lisbon and Paris with Didier Fiuza Faustino. Still in Portugal, he collaborated with Alcatel and the Portuguese Government Department of Technology and Development UMIC between 2003 and 2006. He was also involved with the Portuguese government as Curator and Project Manager, for the Portuguese Presidency of the Republic in 2006 and 2007.
Moving to London he worked as Strategy Project Manager, Account Manager, and Analyst at Greenlight Digital, until 2008. That same year, he became the Global Head of Content, SEO and Social media at Saxo Bank until 2011. While he was working at Saxo Bank, he founded one of the world's first fintech, social trading platforms tradingfloor.com.
In 2011, he founded Ztudium Limited. Ztudium created and manages the technology and AI - blockchain-based FinTech solution blocksdna, the media intelligenthq.com and lifestyle and healthcare platform as a service software lifesdna.
Ztudium features a publishing division that manages intelligenthq.com, hedgethink.com, and tradersdna.com among others.
Between 2014 and 2015 he was involved in creating a fabbanking.com a digital bank between Asia and Africa as Chief Commercial Officer and Marketing Officer responsible for all legal, tech and business development.
In 2019, Dinis co-founded:
- fashionabc.org, a social impact blockchain fashion directory platform, techabc.org a 4IR - digital transformation blockchain, AI, and Fintech fund.
- openbusinesscouncil.org, the business B2B wiki directory and search engine - a new financial blockchain AI empowerment platform and fintech marketplace.
These products and platforms offer multiple AI P2P, fintech, blockchain, search engine and PaaS solutions in consumer wellness healthcare and life style with a global team of experts and universities.
He is also the founder of coinsdna a new swiss regulated, Swiss based, institutional grade token and cryptocurrencies blockchain exchange. He is founder of DragonBloc a blockchain, AI, Fintech fund and co-founder of Freedomee project.
He has been working with the likes of UN / UNITAR, UNESCO, European Space Agency, Davos WEF, Philips, Saxo Bank, Mastercard, Barclays, and governments all over the world.
Dinis creates and helps build ventures focused on global growth, 360 digital strategies, sustainable innovation, Blockchain, Fintech, AI and new emerging business models such as ICOs / tokenomics.
Dinis is involved as a strategist, board member, and advisor with the payments, lifestyle, and blockchain reward community app Glance technologies. For this company, he built the blockchain messaging/payment/loyalty software Blockimpact that he sold in 2017. He is an advisor and small shareholder of Hyperloop Transportations project.
He is a shareholder of the Fintech social money transfer app Moneymailme and the math edutech gamification children’s app Gozoa. He has been a lecturer at Copenhagen Business School, Groupe INSEEC/Monaco University and other leading world universities.
Dinis’s first passion and specialisation was in literature, arts, and poetry, and started publishing magazines and books when he was 14 years old. He did his Master's in new media, digitisation and transforming knowledge in content, using social media and digital transformation in his studies at London South Bank University.
He has been lecturing at Copenhagen Business School, Group INSEEC/Monaco University, where he coordinates executive Masters and MBAs in fintech, social media, blockchain, and AI, and others for business executives. He has been invited to give guest lectures at Cambridge University, Harvard University, and King's College.
Dinis is the author of various books. He has published different books such "4IR AI Blockchain Fintech IoT Reinventing a Nation", "How Businesses and Governments can Prosper with Fintech, Blockchain and AI?”, also the bigger case study and book (400 pages) “Blockchain, AI and Crypto Economics - The Next Tsunami?” last the “Tokenomics and ICOs - How to be good at the new digital world of finance / Crypto” was launched in 2018.
Dinis is a thought leader and believes that emergent tech presents fresh avenues for humanity at multiple frontiers. With his YouTube podcast, he presents the various facets of technology and how it leaves an ever-lasting impact on humanity and taking it to new horizons.
He advocates the applications of AR, VR, AI, and ML in our-day-to-day life, where humans are leveraged into an immersive world of the metaverse and Web 3.0.
In a recent interview, Dinis shared his vision regarding new tech and the Metaverse:
"The Metaverse transcends traditional technological parameters, moving towards a world where our physical and digital identities entwine. At this stage in human history, it is the ultimate augmentation of human perception.
We have become digital magicians, scientists and subjects in the great ongoing experiment of virtual society. Across Facebook, TikTok, YouTube, to more niche platforms like Fortnite, Second Life, Decentraland and countless others, we are readily communicating and stimulating each other remotely, through interactions that are, for the most part, emotionally indistinguishable from experiences in the ‘real’ physical world.
The Metaverse is thus the next chapter in this story of co-creation and mutual influence, and one where convergent reality takes centre stage."
Recognition and Awards
Academic links as a lecturer:
Quoted in book
- The Cultural Identities of European Cities | Google Books
- '4IR: AI, Blockchain, Fintech, IoT - Reinventing a Nation' Book by Dinis Guarda and Rais Hussin | PR Newswire
- Book on IR4.0: Embrace it for an inclusive and better society | theleaders-online.com
- 30 Most Influential People in the Blockchain Space | CryptoCompare.com
- The 20 Most Influential Blockchain and Crypto Experts | UNBLOCK Blockchain
- From Here To Where? Bitcoin And The Future Of Cryptocurrency | Forbes
- Tech's Future, AI & Blockchain With Dinis Guarda | Youtube
- 4IR AI Blockchain Fintech IoT - Reinventing a Nation by Dinis Guarda | Mybook Magazine
- Dinis Guarda`s articles on Cointelegraph | CoinTelegraph
- From Blockchain to Bowie, Eno and beyond, the encyclopedic world of Dinis Guarda | Irish Tech News
- Total Internet Optimisation with Dinis Guarda from Ztudium | Adorseo.com
- ICO expert voice – Dinis Guarda, former CEO of Humaniq, $5M ICO, founder Lifesdna - Tokenomics [Book] | Oreilly.com
- Maszlee launches book on 4IR in Frankfurt | nst.com.my
- Book on IR4.0: Embrace it for an inclusive and better society | theleaders-online.com
- Interview with jointo | Dinis Guarda
- Special Video Interview With Dinis Guarda, Chief Executive Officer of Humaniq | LinkedIn
- Exclusive Interview with Humaniq CEO Dinis Guarda on MilliOnAir Magazine's June 2017 Issue | Steemit
- Blockchain Shift Inception of a Database of Everything | Blogarama.com
- Ztudium Launches an AI-powered Blockchain Operative System | PR Newswire
- Blockchain (R)evolution Event to Feature Top Influencers and Experts Alex Tapscott, Dinis Guarda, John Edge during Blockchain Week NY | PR Newswire
- Glance Appoints #5 Top Blockchain Influencer and ICO Consultant Dinis Guarda to Advisory Board - Glance Technologies | Glance
- IntelligentHQ.com, A New Business Intelligence and Innovation Network, Launches in London and Silicon Valley (yahoo.com) | Yahoo Finance