With nearly half of the world’s population using social media platforms, businesses old and new have been given a cheap alternative to advertise, interact, and engage with their customers. Since its launch in 2016, TikTok has exploded in popularity and now has over 689 million monthly active users.
The hashtag ‘#smallbusiness’ currently has 25 billion views on TikTok. This has resulted in small business owners looking to use the platform to elevate their brands to capitalise on the opportunity to reach new audiences. A common way to do this is to buy TikTok followers.
The finance experts at money.co.uk have investigated which business sector is currently doing the best on TikTok. The team reviewed the top performing videos under #smallbusiness, noting down the number of likes and the industry the business belonged to. You can get TikTok followers to grow your account on this platform, and this allowed them to rank the business sectors in terms of popularity from highest to lowest.
- The beauty industry is the most popular #smallbusiness industry on TikTok with a total of 61,792,300 likes from the videos analysed.
- The fashion industry is the second most popular with 50,424,500 likes.
- Just behind in third is the jewellery industry with 49,893,000 likes.
Top 10 most popular business industries on TikTok:
|5||Home interior and accessories||27,103,700|
|8||Cleaning and maintenance||19,099,100|
Money.co.uk can reveal that the most popular #smallbusiness industry booming on TikTok is the beauty industry with a total of 61,792,300 likes amid the most popular videos. From cosmetics such as homemade lip gloss to ASMR packaging clips, the beauty industry is certainly proving popular on TikTok.
Coming second on the list of the most popular small businesses on TikTok is the fashion industry with 50,424,500 likes. Streetwear, printed logo shirts and activewear were all heavily featured in the most popular small business videos.
Jewellery comes third with a total of 49,893,000 TikTok likes. The most popular videos included homemade necklaces, rings, and earrings.
A common way to do this is to buy TikTok followers.
The art industry is fourth on the list of most popular small businesses on TikTok. Paintings, canvases, and graphic design videos received 43,543,000 total likes.
Completing the top five is the home decoration and accessories industry with a total of 27,103,700 likes.
- Money.co.uk trawled through the #smallbusiness page on TikTok to identify the most popular videos under the hashtag.
- In order of popularity, 235 of the most popular videos were analysed, noting down the number of likes the video had and which industry the business belonged to.
- This enabled them to rank the industries from highest to lowest based on popularity.
- The data was gathered on 06/05/21 and is accurate as of then.
Open Business Council offers resources, Trade Finance, business advice, SME Finance and a forum and directory for businesses! Improve your business and use the best digital, financial and funding tools to grow ROI – return on investment and ROA – return on attention!