Why Face to Face Meetings Can Help Businesses
Facebook, Twitter, and other social media networking tools, have opened lots of doors to small and medium sized businesses. Without spending a lot of money, businesses can now connect with customers, clients and partners half way around the world.
But besides having a fine tuned digital marketing campaign, businesses shouldn’t dismiss the opportunity of face-to-face events. These are one of the best ways for you to grow your business, and accelerate your networking. According to brand strategist Deborah Shane, the power of face-to-face is that “In 10 minutes I can learn more about someone, and they about me, in person than in six months online!”
Events are very flexible and can accommodate all kinds of different business goals. They can benefit your business in the following ways:
- They can help you spread the word about what you have to offer
- They can promote bonds and enhance relationships between people. Real human contact is more effective than dehumanized virtual contact
- They can be a great way to scale up your sales
- They can be used to launch a product and/or offer
- You can use events to grow your database of contacts
As you can see, holding conferences are a great way to interact with others in the industry and get your name out there. How to organize one event that serves the purposes of your business? Some important steps you should follow, to organize a successful event are:
- Think about what is the best type of event that fits your business
- Research what kind of speakers you could invite to speak at your conference and begin contacting them. Look for one or two known influencers that operate in your field.
- Design the landing page for your event with all the information needed. Don’t forget to use appealing visuals.
- Open a Meetup about your event and post your event on eventbrite and other channels. Spread the word about it through all the social media channels you can imagine.
- Look for a space where you would like to have your event
- Think about the catering. Will you outsource for the catering or organize it yourself ?
- Think about enough chairs to all attendees. Stacking chairs, for example, are very useful to accommodate for all guests. They are efficient in the respect that you can stack them away to maximize the space on offer, or alternatively you can provide more seating very fast if needs be.
Finally don’t forget to think about ways to measure your return-on-investment (ROI) from an event. Good luck!