2019 Barclaycard Everywoman On Retail Awards: The Changing Face Of Retail
The 2019 Barclaycard everywoman in Retail Awards programme is now open, welcoming nominations from the industry’s exceptional talent. From the young, rising stars, to the long-standing leaders and pioneering entrepreneurs, individuals at all stages of their career journeys are invited to nominate themselves or others. By showcasing their success stories, they will inspire a new generation of female talent to pursue a rewarding career in this fast-evolving industry.
Retail is changing at an unprecedented rate making it one of the most innovative and challenging careers out there. Stores are evolving to offer more experiential customer engagement – the physical connection to products that digital alone cannot offer. Alongside this technology is changing, not only the way we pay, but is being developed to create an enriching and curatorial customer experience.
Anita Liu Harvey, Director of Strategy at Barclaycard said: “We are excited to announce that submissions are now open for the Barclaycard everywoman in Retail Awards. These recognise the incredible contribution that women have made to the retail sector over the past year. Our depth and breadth of expertise in supporting a huge variety of retailers makes us the ideal partner for these awards. We cannot wait to see the no doubt exceptionally talented entries for 2019. As well as recognising outstanding women working in retail, we hope that these awards inspire even more women to succeed across the industry.”
With a brand-new category being introduced for 2019 – the ‘Disruptor Award’ – everywoman and Barclaycard are also searching for women making a real difference to the ever-changing face of retail, in a creative, unconventional and pioneering way.
The categories for 2019 are:
- Entrepreneur Award, sponsored by Amazon – Awarded to an owner/ founder of a retail business that has been operating for 12 months or more, whose vision will inspire other women to start their own enterprise.
- Above & Beyond Award – Awarded to a woman at any stage of her career who has truly gone above and beyond her role to help drive the organisation’s success.
- Leader Award – Awarded to a woman whose significant contribution to the strategic and/or commercial direction of the business has increased productivity, innovation or employee engagement.
- Male Mentor Award, sponsored by Specsavers – Awarded to a man for his active commitment to advancing or championing the career progression of women in retail through mentorship.
- Rising Star Award, sponsored by Tesco – Awarded to a woman aged under 25 who is excelling in her retail career, making a valuable contribution to her organisation.
- Customer Experience Award – Awarded to a woman who has been instrumental in improving or transforming the customer experience.
- Outstanding Influencer Award – Awarded to a woman whose voice or social media strategy has successfully influenced the customer both on and offline. There will be no nominations for this award – the winner will be selected in partnership with everywoman and Barclaycard.
- NEW Disruptor Award – Awarded to a woman who is exceptionally creative within her role, in an unconventional and pioneering way.
Maxine Benson MBE, co-founder of everywoman, comments: “The changing face of retail is allowing more women to flex their creative muscles and prove how their innovative thinking is contributing to the growth of the sector. everywoman, with Barclaycard, is on a mission to celebrate the women who show just how viable and fulfilling a career in retail is. Research continues to demonstrate the value of role models to inspire women in the workplace and we look forward to welcoming a new wave of talent who will be the pioneers of retail as we’ve never seen it before.”
Entries are open until 13 May 2019 and winners will be announced at an awards ceremony in September.